Join us for an inside look at what MNRC's research capabilities could do for you.
The McClellan Nuclear Research Center is one of the leading research reactors performing neutron radiography. It has a state-of-the-art neutron imaging facility for research applications, neutron activation analysis, radiation hardness testing, and radioisotope applications. Recent projects at MNRC include: imaging frangible rings to support the next generation of space flight; imaging the trace heavy metal uptake of plants; neutron activation analysis for large neutrino experiments; imaging to explore the mechanisms of water retention of biochar; and many others. Come learn how MNRC might be able to help your research.
- 12:00 pm - Shuttles depart Davis campus (location TBA)
- 12:30 pm - Welcome, Director Wesley Frey & Nuclear Research Consultant Mel Williams
- 12:45 pm - How can MNRC support your research, Director Wesley Frey
- 1:15 pm - Tour of the nuclear reactor facility in operation, Director Wesley Frey
- 2:30 pm - Shuttles depart MNRC